
Tryon, NC is known as steeplechase country and they have a famous wooden horse in downtown Tryon named, Morris. I guess Morris is kind of the town mascot. However, when I think of Tryon, NC I don't think of Morris, I think of a dear friend of mine who lives there and calls herself my "adopted grandmother". Today I visited her in a nursing home in Tryon. She was involved in a car accident earlier this week and broke one of the vertebra in her neck. She has to wear one of those neck braces that start at her chest, and then split into four bars that form a cage around her head, and end in the shape of a halo around her forehead. She may be very uncomfortable for the next couple of months, but overall she is doing well. Especially considering her age - she is 90! That's right! Nine decades old and she is still going strong! She truly is an amazing lady. In some strange way her new headgear symbolizes her spirit. The bars symbolize strength and toughness while the halo of course makes me think of angels. It reminded me of how she is tough, but also very sweet. Please keep her in your prayers.

That made me cry.
ReplyDelete